Corpus Christi Shoplifting Attorney
Aggressive Defense For Shoplifting Charges in Texas
Shoplifting is considered a very serious criminal offense and is penalized as such in the state of Texas. Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, is your trusted legal partner when it comes to handling these cases. Our Corpus Christi shoplifting lawyer understands the complexities of these cases and is committed to protecting your rights and advocating for the best possible outcome.
Call Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, today at (361) 993-3333 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our Corpus Christi shoplifting lawyer.
What are the Penalties for Shoplifting in Texas?
Shoplifting, also known as theft, is a serious offense in Texas, and the penalties may vary depending on the value of the stolen property and the circumstances surrounding the incident. In the Lone Star State, theft offenses are categorized as follows:
- Class C Misdemeanor: Theft of property valued at less than $50. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $500.
- Class B Misdemeanor: Theft of property valued between $100 and $750. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to 180 days.
- Class A Misdemeanor: Theft of property valued between $750 and $2,500. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $4,000 and a jail term of up to one year.
- State Jail Felony: Theft of property valued between $2,500 and $30,000. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $10,000 and a state jail term ranging from 180 days to two years.
- Third-Degree Felony: Theft of property valued between $30,000 and $150,000. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $10,000 and a prison term ranging from two to ten years.
- Second-Degree Felony: Theft of property valued between $150,000 and $300,000. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $10,000 and a prison term ranging from two to 20 years.
- First-Degree Felony: Theft of property valued at $300,000 or more. Penalties could include fines that can reach up to $10,000 and a prison term ranging from five to 99 years or life.
Defenses Against Shoplifting Charges
Some common defenses against shoplifting charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that the alleged theft was unintentional or accidental.
- Mistaken Identity: Proving that you were not the person involved in the shoplifting incident.
- False Accusations: Uncovering evidence or motives that suggest the accusations are false.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's evidence and establishing reasonable doubt.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Examining whether law enforcement followed proper procedures during the search and seizure process.
Contact Our Shoplifting Lawyer in Corpus Christi Today
At Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, our Corpus Christi shoplifting lawyer, is dedicated to providing personalized and effective legal solutions for individuals facing such allegations. We are ready to stand by your side, protect your rights, and pursue the best possible result for your case.
Contact Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, today to get started with our Corpus Christi shoplifting attorney.
A Former Prosecutor on Your Side
As a former prosecutor, I have a unique understanding of both sides of the courtroom. I can anticipate the prosecution’s case against you and build a highly effective defense strategy accordingly. Allow me to help you with your future.
Trusted & Recommended Attorney
Over the past three decades, I have earned a reputation for providing hard-hitting representation, individualized support and compassionate care to each of my clients.
Free Confidential Case Consultations
I aim to make the legal process as simple and painless as possible for clients. As such, I offer free consultations to help clients get started. Do not hesitate to get in touch with my law firm today to request your initial consultation.
More Than 3 Decades of Experience
With my extensive legal experience and exceptional history of success in your corner, you may increase your chances of securing a favorable case outcome. Representing your rights is more than just a job to me, it is my passion. Put my experience to work for you today.