Corpus Christi Bus Accident Attorney
Helping Victims of Bus Collisions Pursue Justice
Bus accidents have various causes. Regardless of why they occurred, those involved – whether passengers in the bus, occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists – can be seriously or fatally injured. Victims can hold the individual or entity who caused the crash financially responsible to recover compensation for damages. To do so, they must establish liability, which can be complicated. The collision must be meticulously investigated, experts must be consulted, and witnesses must be interviewed. Taking care of these tasks can be challenging, especially when recovering from injuries. That is why it is beneficial to hire a personal injury attorney to assist with your case.
If you were injured, turn to Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney at Law for the legal counsel you need. I am an experienced Corpus Christi bus accident lawyer concerned with pursuing justice for my clients. Recognizing the importance of receiving financial recovery for losses and expenses arising from the incident, I leverage my resources and invest the effort necessary to seek fair compensation.
To schedule a free consultation with me, please call (361) 993-3333 or submit an online contact form today.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Several factors can lead to bus accidents.
Some of these include:
- Driver negligence
- Defective parts
- Improper maintenance
- Poorly trained bus drivers
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
Identifying the cause of a bus accident is important for establishing liability. Depending on who or what led to the collision will determine where you file your claim.
Liable parties can include:
- The bus driver: You may take legal action against the driver if their negligence or recklessness caused the crash. For instance, the driver might be liable if they were under the influence of alcohol while operating the bus.
- The bus company: The company that owns the vehicle may be liable if it neglected to adhere to standards and regulations or allowed an inadequately trained driver to be out on the road.
- Parts manufacturer: Some collisions may result from poorly designed or malfunctioning equipment. When this happens, the company that released the parts into the market may be liable for damages.
- Maintenance company: Buses must be adequately maintained to ensure that they are in working order. If the company failed to appropriately inspect the vehicle and its parts or repair issues, it might be financially responsible.
Damages that Can Be Collected in a Bus Accident
Buses are large vehicles that often lack the safety restraints and design of passenger cars. The structure, weight, and size of buses put passengers, occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists in danger of severe harm.
Injuries sustained in a bus accident range from serious to catastrophic to fatal and can include:
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
Any harm sustained can require extensive medical care and lengthy hospital stays. Additionally, they can cause a person to miss work. In addition to their injuries, victims can suffer hefty financial and emotional burdens. But, because the accident was caused by someone else, they should not be responsible for covering losses and expenses. The at-fault party should.
Fortunately, personal injury laws allow bus accident victims to pursue compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses,
- Lost wages,
- Pain and suffering, and
- Mental anguish.
A skilled bus accident attorney in Corpus Christi, I can review the facts of your case and consider various factors to determine a fair settlement amount. I am prepared to go up against insurance companies or present arguments in court to seek a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Contact My Firm Today
Whether you were injured as a passenger or hit by a bus, you may be entitled to pursue financial recovery for damages you sustained. Because of the complexities of these matters, it’s a good idea to retain the services of an attorney ready to be your zealous advocate.
Speak with me about your case by contacting me at (361) 993-3333.