Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyer
Over 30 Years of Experience
Have you been injured in an accident? Is a loved one suffering unnecessarily because of another person’s negligent, reckless or illegal behavior? If so, it is critical that you take action and contact a trusted Corpus Christi personal injury attorney right away. I am Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, and I have over 30 years of experience in handling complex legal cases and I may be able to help you obtain the compensation that you deserve. After an accident, contact my Corpus Christi office and speak with a trusted injury attorney about your case.
Working to Get You Compensation
There are certain actions that you can take following a car accident that can significantly increase your chance of obtaining compensation for your injuries and losses.
- If you have been involved in a collision, you must:
- Report the time and date of the accident. Gather as much information as possible regarding where it happened.
- Take photos with your phone and do not touch or move any objects until a police report has been filed.
- Contact police and file a report. Make sure you obtain witness names and numbers, too.
- Do not deny medical attention. Even if you feel alright in the moment, having a medical professional exam you is a must.
- Contact an attorney! You should never face an insurance company without legal representation.
Is Texas a no-fault state for car accidents?
Texas is a fault/tort-based state which means that the person who will pay for damages in a car accident is the one that caused the crash. Texas has a minimum amount of insurance that every driver carries. Every driver in Texas must carry at least $30,000 in bodily injury insurance, $60,000/accident, and $25,000 in property damage repairs. After a car accident, all drivers must find out who is at fault. Once it is determined who is at fault, you can file an insurance claim with that driver’s insurance company. You will call the insurer in question and report your accident, damages and injuries. The company may ask for documentation such as medical bills and repair shop estimates.
What is the Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents in Texas?
The statute of limitations on car accidents regarding injuries in Texas is two years from the day of the accident. This also applies to making claims on property damages resulting from the accident.
Call (361) 993-3333 to Schedule a Free Consultation
Insurance companies can be intimidating and you have enough to worry about already. While you focus on healing, you need an aggressive lawyer that is on your side.
After an accident, I encourage you to contact my office right away and schedule a free initial consultation with a trusted and experienced Corpus Christi personal injury attorney today.