Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
Experienced Representation for Pursuing Compensation from Car Accidents in Nueces County, TX
Have you been injured in an accident in Corpus Christi? Is a loved one suffering unnecessarily because of another person’s negligent, reckless or illegal behavior? If so, you must take action and contact a trusted Corpus Christi car accident lawyer right away. I am Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney At Law, and I have over 30 years of experience handling complex legal cases. I may be able to help you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
So, contact my Corpus Christi law firm after a car accident and speak with an experienced car accident lawyer about your case.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our car accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi, TX.
What Should I do After a Car Accident in Texas?
There are certain actions that you can take following a car accident that can significantly increase your chance of obtaining compensation for your car accident injuries and losses.
If you have been involved in a collision in Corpus Christi, you must:
1. Report the time and date of the accident.
- Gather as much information as possible regarding where it happened.
2. Take photos.
- Use your phone and do not touch or move any objects until a police report has been filed.
3. Contact Corpus Christi Police
- You will need to file a report. Make sure you obtain witness names and numbers, too.
4. Do not deny medical attention.
- Even if you feel alright at the moment, having a medical professional exam you is a must.
5. Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi!
- You should never face an insurance company without legal representation.
Is Texas a no-fault state for car accidents?
Texas is a fault/tort-based state which means that the person who will pay for damages in a car accident is the one that caused a Corpus Christi car crash. Texas has a minimum amount of insurance that every driver carries.
- Every driver in Texas must carry at least $30,000 in bodily injury insurance, $60,000/accident, and $25,000 in property damage repairs.
- After a car accident, all drivers in Corpus Christi must find out who is at fault.
- Once it is determined who is at fault, you can file an insurance claim with that driver’s insurance company in Corpus Christi. You will call the insurer in question and report your accident, damages, and injuries. The company may ask for documentation such as medical bills and repair shop estimates.
What is the Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents in Texas?
The statute of limitations on car accidents regarding injuries in Texas is two years from the day of the car accident. This also applies to making claims on property damages resulting from the accident in Corpus Christi, Texas.
How Can A Car Accident Attorney In Corpus Christi Help You?
Having a legal expert help you after a car accident is extremely important. A car accident can be an especially traumatic experience, and you deserve the full compensation amount that you are rightfully eligible for. Your Corpus Christi injury lawyer will guide you through each step of the car accident claims process and will be there to offer you the emotional support that you may need during this difficult time.
A car accident lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Legal Guidance: Your Corpus Christi attorney will be there to answer all of your questions and guide you through each step of the claims process.
- Paperwork: Your Corpus Christi accident lawyer will handle all of the paperwork involved with your case and ensure that everything is completed on time.
- Time: Your Corpus Christi lawyer will help you avoid costly mistakes that may delay the process and the time that you receive your full compensation amount.
- Emotional Support: Your lawyer will have worked with many other individuals in a similar situation to you, and will be there to offer you the emotional support that you need. He or she will also be able to connect you to emotional support groups in Corpus Christi, TX.
- Evidence: Your Corpus Christi accident attorney will gather evidence to support your claim and create a strong defense strategy for you.
- Negotiation: Your Corpus Christi lawyer has the skills and experience necessary to negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf.
- Representation: Representing you: In the situation that your car crash case needs to be taken to court, your lawyer will be able to provide fierce legal representation on your behalf. Having a lawyer in Corpus Christi to represent you in the courtroom is critical for ensuring that you receive the compensation that you rightfully deserve.
- Compensation: Without a lawyer in Corpus Christi, you may be risking receiving the full compensation amount that you rightfully deserve. Your lawyer will fight for a favorable settlement.
Although we have helped many individuals receive the compensation amount that they rightfully deserve after a car accident in Corpus Christi, we understand that each situation is unique and make sure to treat each case as such. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about what we can do to help you or your loved one.
Call (361) 993-3333 to Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Accident Lawyers
Insurance companies can be intimidating and you have enough to worry about already. While you focus on healing, you need an aggressive lawyer in Corpus Christi that is on your side.