Personal Injury Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Protecting Those Who Have Been Injured Due To Negligence
The impact that sustaining a serious injury can have on an individual, and a family can be staggering. The initial trauma of the injury itself can be severe, and then there are medical bills, therapy, lost wages, and often painful recovery to endure. Victims and their families must then consider the potential longer-lasting impacts: an ongoing need for therapy, the inability to return to work, persistent pain, and more.
What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do
Personal injury lawyers specialize in providing legal representation to individuals who have been physically or psychologically injured as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity.
Here are some common tasks and responsibilities of personal injury lawyers:
- Legal advice and representation: Personal injury lawyers advise clients on their legal rights and options following an injury. They represent their clients in negotiations with insurance companies and in court if a lawsuit is filed.
- Investigation: Personal injury lawyers investigate the circumstances surrounding their clients' injuries to determine liability and gather evidence to support their clients' claims. This may involve gathering medical records, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts.
- Case evaluation: Personal injury lawyers assess the strength of their clients' cases by reviewing the evidence and applicable laws. They provide their clients with an honest assessment of the potential outcomes of their cases.
- Settlement negotiations: Personal injury lawyers negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to reach a fair settlement for their clients. This involves advocating for their clients' interests and ensuring that they receive the compensation they deserve.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, personal injury lawyers may file a lawsuit on behalf of their clients and represent them in court. They present evidence, make legal arguments, and advocate for their clients' rights during the trial process.
- Advocacy: Throughout the legal process, personal injury lawyers advocate for their clients' best interests, working to ensure that they receive fair compensation for their injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Overall, personal injury lawyers work to protect the rights of individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or misconduct of others and help them seek the compensation they are entitled to under the law.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer can help fight for compensation in many areas of personal injury law, including:
- Car accidents
- Slip & fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
What Are Common Types Of Special Damages?
Special damages refer to the compensation that a victim receives for losses due to the defendant’s actions.
Some common types of special damages include:
- Medical costs (future and past)
- Loss of irreplaceable items
- Cost for damaged property repair or replacement
- Loss of wages or the capacity to earn wages
How Long is the Statute of Limitations in Texas?
In the state of Texas, the statute of limitations is two years after the date of the incident. A statute of limitations refers to the time limit you have to file a lawsuit after suffering harm due to another person’s negligence. If you do not file within this time frame, the court will most likely not award you compensation.
Are you suffering from injuries due to someone else's recklessness or negligence? Call Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney at Law, today at (361) 993-3333 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi.
"He fought for me all the way! He really does take care of his clients."
The Best Lawyer in Corpus Christi! The Lord blessed me with this lawyer and I could not have been happier! He fought for me ...- Oscar
"I could not have asked for better representation and an amazing result."
Mr Gonzalez and his staff were extremely helpful and genuine from start to finish. I could not have asked for better ...- Luis
"He was a godsend. Not only was he professional and knowledgeable, he knew the system, and had great rapport within the legal community."
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mr. Gonzalez. I am a student and got involved in a terrible, scary situation where ...- Jay
"It was a 100% win win for us."
My family can't thank you enough for what you did for us. You truly worked a miracle. I am so happy we chose you to represent ...- Francis
As a family-owned law firm, we prioritize personalized care, treating each client like family. Trust us to navigate your legal journey with a commitment to your well-being and success.
As a former prosecutor, I have a unique understanding of both sides of the courtroom. I can anticipate the prosecution’s case against you and build a highly effective defense strategy accordingly. Allow me to help you with your future.
Over the past three decades, I have earned a reputation for providing hard-hitting representation, individualized support and compassionate care to each of my clients.
I aim to make the legal process as simple and painless as possible for clients. As such, I offer free consultations to help clients get started. Do not hesitate to get in touch with my law firm today to request your initial consultation.
With my extensive legal experience and exceptional history of success in your corner, you may increase your chances of securing a favorable case outcome. Representing your rights is more than just a job to me, it is my passion. Put my experience to work for you today.
If you've been injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, it's important to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other costs associated with your accident.
Your lawyer will also be able to investigate the incident in order to prove liability on the part of the negligent party. They will navigate negotiations with insurance companies or defendants and provide knowledgeable advice so that you can make informed decisions throughout the process.
Having a trusted professional at your side through this difficult time is invaluable. The right personal injury lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected and fight for a fair settlement that reflects all of your losses.
Take action and contact a personal injury attorney who understands the intricacies of the law and how to best protect your interests. With their help, you'll be able to get justice and reclaim your life after an accident caused by negligence.
At Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney at Law, our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer understands all of these consequences resulting from any injury is tragic, but if it is the result of someone else’s recklessness or negligence, that is even more upsetting. I have dedicated my life to fighting for just compensation on behalf of victims and have a track record of success as a skilled personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi.
Contact Robert J. Gonzalez, Attorney at Law, today to speak with our personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi.